Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our amazing chef!

I like to cook. I really like to cook, but I need a recipe to follow. I'm not the kind of person that can look at a few ingredients and create a dish.

Here at the inn we were fortunate to find an extraordinarily talented chef, Rick Anderson, to oversee our kitchen. Rick is a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute. He served as the executive chef at several East Coast restaurants and as a private chef on a yacht before opening Kendricks at the Quaker House on Nantucket, a restaurant he ran for 8 years. He walked in our door two years ago and elevated the food we offer to guests to new heights.

It has been educational for me to watch Rick practice his craft. I have learned quite a few things that I practice in the kitchen once he has left for the day.

No comments: