Monday, June 4, 2012

A Little Cottage On The North Coast

My first few years in Mendocino, I lived at the inn. I loved living at the inn. People always asked me if it was hard to seperate my work from my leisure, it wasn't. Guests were always respectful, the inn seldom intruded on my private time. And I really enjoyed getting to know the guests.

But the economy intruded and it made more sense to put the suite of rooms I was living in back into service. I started to look for a place to hang my hat nearby.

Friends of mine that I met up here invited me to rent the one-bedroom apartment above the garage on their ranch in Albion. Within 6 months of moving there, I met Sarah, we were married and soon after, we moved into a little 2 bedroom cottage on another part of the ranch.

This little cottage was at one time the milking barn. We are very lucky to be fortunate enough to live here. We have a huge rolling lawn with a great view of the ocean. In addition to having two baths inside, it also has an outdoor shower for those warm days when the thermometer reaches 60 :)


I miss living at the inn, but Sarah and I love our little cottage. And with a new addition to the family due in August, I think the guests at the inn will appreciate the fact that we no longer live near their rooms.

No comments: