Friday, August 14, 2009

Great For Lunch or Dinner

Now that I've been up here a couple of years, I've developed a few favorite places I like to go. And I have learned that what makes a restaurant a favorite is more than just the food. It is a combination of the food, the atmosphere and here in Mendocino, the owners.

Moosse Cafe is one of my favorites. The owners, Carolyn and Misha, are hands-on. They have imbued the restaurant with their personality. And it flows from them on through their staff. Professional, accommodating, friendly.

And the food is creative without being overdone. Organic, fresh and seasonal, half of the menu changes daily. But my "don't miss" item on their menu is the Belgian chocolate dessert.

So if you are up in Mendocino, be sure to stop in for lunch or dinner at the Moosse and tell Misha and Carolyn that Guy says hi.

No comments: